CLUB STATUS: CLUB FULLY OPEN
We write this communication to you after we opened all of the club in line with COVID-19 Alert Level 1 guidelines. We need to say a big thank you to all our members & visitors for taking the guidelines seriously ensuring a safe environment that we can all enjoy.
One thing that Contact Tracing brought our attention to is the patronage of the club. In the 3 weeks since Level 2 was realised on 14 May we welcomed over 2,500 visits which placed significant pressure on the club facilities. The good news is we coped! It is however, still going to take a bit of time to return to a new normal & we have prioritised some activities to ensure we are do not implode. This means that the office is busy getting interclub teams sorted for a busy winter season of squash & processing returning new/returning members. We expect & thank you for your patience.
We also have some critical maintenance challenges ahead of us & are working through these challenges. The lights on Tennis Ct.2 are under investigation & we will keep you updated on this. The mould & moss spraying programme has commence on the Tennis courts. We are also aware that the men's shower area floor is slippery. Our investigations have identified a number of reasons for this; (1) the volume of water showering, (2) the design of the shower block & most significantly (3) the soap provided in the showers leaves a film on the floor & under foot. We ask that when showering & afterwards you please be ultra careful exiting the area. If the issue still persists we will remove the soap dispensers.
From now under COVID-19 Alert Level 1 please be aware of the following key points;
- We will retain the electronic & paper form contact tracing methods at the office window for you to use when you enter the club. This is optional & your choice.
- You must stay away from the club bar if you are not feeling well
- If you are using the gym you must have & use a towel. Please do not be offended if we ask you to leave if you do not have one.
- We will assume you have read the information regarding precautions for managing COVID-19 before you enter the club
- Please maintain appropriate personal hygiene standards when at the club
- We will continue to provide hand sanitiser at various locations around the club
- Be respectful & kind to others!
Club nights for tennis & squash have commenced so please get involved. Squash interclub has also commenced the week of 15 June so all the best to our teams.
We strongly recommend you read the information in the links below to be well informed on your activity at the club.
|Unite for the recovery
COVID-19 is a disease that can affect your lungs and airways. Adopt simple hygiene and health practices to protect yourself and your whānau.
|Play, active recreation and sport at Alert Level 1
Alert Level 1 If unwell If you’re unwell you should stay home – don’t go to the gym or to the park to play. You should not participate in physical
Please stay safe and we will continue to update you on our progress and expected developments on all aspects of the club. Please feel free to get in touch with us at any stage if you have any queries on returning to activity at the club.